...because another iPad blog won't hurt anyone

on april 3rd 2010 a friend of mine travelled all the way to beautiful New York city to pick up a brand new iPad just for me ! I decided that i'd write down my thoughts and experiences and maybe some reviews of apps or accessories. I am also an amateur astronomer and am running an astronomy blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the GRIFFIN jumper sleeve arrived

After a little more than a week, the GRIFFIN jumper sleeve arrived today. At last the days of fear of dropping my iPad and scratching it badly are over ! The jumper sleeve costs USD 29.90 and the shipping to switzerland was only 8 USD. That's cheap compared to the outrageous shipping prices that I'm used to.

The jumper came in a spaceous cardboard box that had some flaky stuff inside it which ended up on the nice black material of the sleeve. I only got it off by using one of those sticky rollers that you can use to remove fuzz from a jacket. Unfortunately i took the pictures before I realized how much of this stuff was stuck on the outside - so all the little white dots you see in the pictures are now gone.

It is actually smaller than I thought it would be - it's only slightly bigger than the iPad - here's a picture of the iPad next to the jumper sleeve:


The quality of the sleeve seems to be pretty high with nice black neoprene material and white seams around the edges. It has a lid with a piece of cloth attached (with the GRIFFIN logo on it) which you have to pull pretty hard in order to open the sleeve to get your iPad out.

Sliding the iPad into the sleeve is easily done. The interior is white and made out of a very soft and "fluffy" material. I think my iPad will really enjoy spending some time in such a nice and cozy sleeve : )



Once you put the iPad in the sleeve, you have to almost use both hands to pry the flap back over the device. I guess with time it will get easier. 


On the other hand - you really want the flap to be as tight as possible so that it won't come open when you're walking down the street and your iPad goes flying into the gutter...


Here's the iPad in the sleeve compared to the size of my iPhone. I think I'll be quite happy with this sleeve until i find a professional and multipurpose flip case. I might add some more experience with this sleeve once I've been using it for a couple of days....


At first glance I'm giving this sleeve 4.5 out of 5 stars because i think it really looks good, the material is high quality and the interior is really soft and padded to protect the ipad, even if i happen to drop the sleeve. However, it does not have a separate little pouch for headphones or maybe the iPhone or even better: for the wireless keyboard.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment