...because another iPad blog won't hurt anyone

on april 3rd 2010 a friend of mine travelled all the way to beautiful New York city to pick up a brand new iPad just for me ! I decided that i'd write down my thoughts and experiences and maybe some reviews of apps or accessories. I am also an amateur astronomer and am running an astronomy blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

"app store is not supported in your country"

I picked up my new wifi ipad last tuesday and immediately tried to use my hacked iphone with the "mywi" app to access the internet via a tethered wireless connection with my iphone (since we don't have a wireless signal here at the office). After some fiddling it finally worked but whenever i started the app store it would stop and exit again. At first i thought it was a connection problem until i took the time to actually READ the error message the app store was giving: "The app store is not supported in your country"

As it turns out, my swiss itunes account is not working with the app store app on the ipad yet. I then tried my US itunes account and voilĂ  - it worked just fine but i was unable to purchase anything since i obviously don't own a US credit card.

Luckily i friend of mine had a US itunes gift card "lying around" and i used that to download the pages app which, as i'm writing this, only seems to be available in the US app store.

I did find a ton of ipad apps in the swiss itunes store and i'll share some thoughts about those apps in the next blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment