...because another iPad blog won't hurt anyone

on april 3rd 2010 a friend of mine travelled all the way to beautiful New York city to pick up a brand new iPad just for me ! I decided that i'd write down my thoughts and experiences and maybe some reviews of apps or accessories. I am also an amateur astronomer and am running an astronomy blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the ipad dock

I'm not going to bore you with a two page review about a dock that's just, well, a dock. It's the only accessory I currently own, so that's what you're gonna get ! It only works in portrait mode and therefore restricts the usage of the ipad while it is being docked. I originally got two of these docks - one for my office and one that I would use at home. I think i am going to sell my dock once someone develops one that lets you somehow rotate the ipad in both portait and landscape modes.




Pros:
  • it works in portrait mode
  • it's heavy enough so that you don't have to worry about your iPad falling over
Cons:
  • no landscape mode
  • does not allow other devices with the same connector (iPhone, iPod) to dock, so you end up with ANOTHER dock on your desk

I'm giving this dock 2 out of 5 stars. Apple really should have put some more brains into designing this thing.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment